How to run business securely from any place, improving its productivity and performance? Questions like this have become alarmingly pressing in the post-covid era.
There is a way to do with. Modern software such as Microsoft 365 E3 and E5 packages are becoming more and more popular, particularly among small and medium-sized business. Why is this the case? For most enterprises, they are a life saver when it comes to security and budget. They help:
- Consolidate a complex licensing structure.
- Eliminate redundant capabilities.
- Cut consulting, deployment, and integration costs with a single unified solution.
- Reduce device management cost and optimize IT administration.
- Benefit from seamless, native deployment.
- Improve IT efficiencies for new devices, apps, and infrastructure.
- Simplify onboarding with automated provisioning.
- Give digital workers the flexibility to securely work from anywhere.
- Limit data breaches and protect identities, devices, apps, and data.
- Reduce security costs with pre-consolidated identity, endpoint management, and security solutions to advance zero-trust architecture.
M 365 E3 and E5 – secure your business
Microsoft E3 and E5 aim at securing your business from all the angles. They give you a solid foundation to build and implement zero-trust policy across your organization. Your data is safe from unauthorized access even when passwords are lost or stolen with multi-factor authentication. You are also protected against advanced cyberthreatsand your business data stays safeguarded with enterprise-grade protection – against phishing, ransomware or data loss.
A lot of companies struggle with complex endpoint management. With M 365 E3 and E5, you can manage that more easily. You can enable remote desktop access for employees on any device, while you maintain central management and security of your users’ desktops. Also, you still control which devices and users can access your work data. You have options to block users from logging in from home computers, un-approved apps, or outside of work hours.
Now let’s take a look at both packages in detail, starting from Microsoft 365 E3.
Microsoft E3 – main functionalities
Microsoft Entra ID P2
Providing identity and access management solutions for your hybrid and multicloud environments.
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
Scale your security with a unified endpoint security platform for preventative protection, post-breach detection, automated investigation, and response.
Microsoft 365 Defender XDR
Protect your organization against sophisticated attacks such as phishing and zero-day malware.
Microsoft Defender for Identity
Use a cloud-based solution that helps protect your organization’s identities from multiple types of advanced targeted cyberattacks.
Azure Information Protection Plan 2
Discover, classify, label, and protect sensitive documents and emails.
Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps
View apps used in your organization, identify and combat cyberthreats, and monitor and control data travel in real time.
Information protection and governance
Identify risks by locating data and understanding how it’s used. Help safeguard data where it lives by configuring protection and retention labels.
Microsoft Purview eDiscovery
Help your organization find relevant data quickly and cost-effectively.
Microsoft Purview Insider Risk Management
Intelligently identify, investigate, and take quick action on insider risks.
Built-in non-Microsoft connectors
Empower multiple compliance solutions with high-fidelity data ingestion from a multitude of non-Microsoft data sources including social media platforms, instant messaging platforms, and document collaboration platforms.
Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing
Conduct or call into meetings from your phone with Microsoft Teams Audio Conferencing, which allows up to 250 phone attendees.
Microsoft Teams Phone Standard
Enable call control and Private Branch Exchange (PBX) capabilities in the cloud with Microsoft Teams Phone Standard.
Power BI Pro
Deliver insights to enable fast, informed decisions with business analytics.
Microsoft 365 E5 – top-notch security features
With Microsoft 365 E5 package, you get all benefits of E3. On top of that, it also offers its users advanced functionalities such as:
- Kaizala Pro
- Premium encryption – part of Information Protection (Azure Information Protection)
- Whiteboard (plan 3)
- Information Protection (Premium)
- Office 365 Privileged Access Management
- To-Do (plan 3)
- Microsoft Forms (E5 plan)
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) – Plan 2)
- Office 365 Cloud App Security – the service allows you to view “suspicious” activity in the Office 365 service
- Office 365 Advanced eDiscovery
- Customer locker – the so-called “zero interaction.” This functionality allows you to completely cut off Microsoft from access to data in the tenant.
Microsoft 365 E3 and E5 – key benefits
Cut licensing costs by more than 60% per user compared to a patchwork of point solutions through consolidation using Microsoft 365 E3.
Automate system updates and help reduce IT management costs by up to 40% and time spent on device management by as much as 25% with Windows 11 Enterprise and Microsoft 365 E3.
Enable a Zero Trust security model to reduce data breach risk by as much as 50% and overall IAM security management time by as much as 50 % with Microsoft 365 security solutions.